Thursday, June 30, 2011

New 'traces'...


The pages of 'trace vol.3' are on hold until I get a supply of plates for the additional dry-point details...in the mean time I continue the collage and assemblage dialogue...so often the most direct sense of articulating a certain experience allows for the use of the most humble and available surfaces or objects...I'm not sure if these hard ground etching tins have anything to do with the notion of 'trace' but finding them empty and no longer of any use seem to provide a certain hint...there was something in their collective discardedness that caught me unexpectedly...trace also seems to follow a certain degree of repetition...not always but it can often be a strong element...the additional collage components, photographs and cut-out figures are fragments....traces in themselves...I just need more of them...sp 

2 comments: