Saturday, March 9, 2013

Traces of 'Trace...






With the opening of 
'Trace' at the Tweed River Gallery last night I was suddenly aware that this is the first opportunity I've been given to present these works as one continuous narrative...with one gallery wall extending almost 20 meters it has afforded me the space to simply play with objects and their relationships in a similar fashion to my studio space...there is still a formality to it all but I was able to include sections of text hand written in pencil on the gallery wall that has hopefully made things a little more informal...delivering an artist floor talk before the opening I responded to a question regarding the relationship between the making process and the works intended meaning...my answer seems something of a blur now but I remember making the point of exhausting both process and intention...and there was a moment during the rain and the night drive back to Brisbane were I realized I may have also exhausted my need to collect...  








7 comments:

  1. i wish i could walk through this show, see these images together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. " may have exhusted my need to collect", thats an interesting notion Glen, maybe you are just exhausted or or it indicates a readiness to explore new territory?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing - pity I cant read the pencil marks - but thanks for sharing this - a journey well made!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Glen, Are you still feeling that way after a good night's sleep? I wonder what's next if it is so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the procession along the wall do you have any photos of the pencilled in text?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This work looks so amazing...I wish I had wings so I could fly there to see it in real time! Your work blows my mind Glen...been a while since we have had a chat...don't leave it too long before we have the next one, please?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great show. Wish I could have been there, for the show and for your talk. Did you record it?

    ReplyDelete