Saturday, September 11, 2010

matchbox songs...studio & object...

despite the construction of an exhibition space within my qca studio I would hope that these works retain a strong connection to what transpires in the studio...although the white space provides a certain focus of intention I am conscious that they never become too detached from the studio itself...so many things are simply placed on the studio wall to be observed...the best time being at the end of the day...a few moments of observation before leaving...and then the following day returning to the studio where often for me I have had a 15minute train journey of anticipation...the best works surprising you again as you enter the studio...there should be that element of surprise with everything one makes...something that stops you...when pieces return to the studio wall there is a sense that they form a continuum of possibilities...silent but still in play...sp

No comments:

Post a Comment