Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"matchbox songs"...existential umbrella...last evening views



I have had to carry an umbrella for the last two mornings here in Brisbane...unfortunately I did not have reason to make full use of it...only at street corners for pressing the walk button or in the elevator at qca for pressing the floor numbers...I seem to prefer it that way..I have never felt the need to record it open and exposed...closed and bound it remains some creature enclosed in its own existence...but the boy- child in me has recurring thoughts of transforming it into a secret weapon...my childhood was such that air guns, knives,hand made bows and arrows and any other creative weapon device my brothers and I could manufacture...were all simply there...not always under adult supervision...in fact very rarely...black and white cowboy movies and war films reinforced our infatuation for such things...007..."The Avengers" "The Saint" and "The Man from U.N.C.L.E"...all played their part as well...this is the last of the umbrellas..perhaps...the umbrella I have been carrying for the past two mornings is not the original one that I purchased from the cheap import shop in Fortitude Valley when I first arrived in Brisbane...this newer one has a certain sophistication about it that I'm not certain is quite me...but I have thoughts of a new series...I had intended to write of Merleau-Ponty and his notions of "flesh"...the degree of reciprocating entwinement of experience between ourselves and objects ...perhaps in a fashion I have...sp

No comments:

Post a Comment