Thursday, April 28, 2011

Covering 'traces'




Almost a half day of collating the pages and creating a folded cover...I intend using the journal stitch method to bind them...I will reveal more as that unfolds...tomorrow perhaps.I was unsure of the book format...some of the images were strong enough as individual works I thought...but the book form changes everything...its contradictory nature that allows for a continuum of containment and disclosure is part of the reason why I continually return to the structure of books...I am reading Jean Baudrillard's 'America'...mostly on my morning and evening train journeys...his reflections and observations are so beautifully concise and poetic that for me when I hold it in my hands it feels as though I am grasping all of America itself...all that is possible in a book...sp 

No comments:

Post a Comment