Wednesday, April 11, 2018

The Wayzgoose Adventure...2018

The Museum of Print

Having just returned from four days at the Armidale Regional Gallery and the Museum of Print as part of the 2018 Wayzgoose event I thought I would take the chance to thank Robert Heather and his fabulous gallery staff for presenting a diverse range of speakers and workshops that really did deliver something memorable for everyone. Of course I will make special mention of the Black Gully Printmakers group and those who were nice enough to give up their Saturday for a day of printing and book binding with me. I am smiling as I type because I realise how much I pushed for everyone to finish the project in a single day which I will reveal now is often presented with an extra half day. So thank you to you all for your diligence and commitment to the workshop.I was very pleased that all participate left with a hand-bound series of prints. The Black Gully Printmakers have a wonderful studio space situated within the gallery and is juxtaposed beside the Museum of Print space. Being there in the studio for the open day I was given a wonderful reminder of the reasons why I make prints with the sense of community and sharing of stories expressed about each of the works that were part of a print/swap/raffle event. A series of artists talks were presented by visiting artists including myself but the most memorable and very moving talk was given by the Black Gully printmakers president Cat MacGregor. Cat spoke about her work with a deep sense of connection and meaning that perhaps the more experienced and academic of us have unremembered. So thank you to Robert and the Black Gully printmakers in providing the opportunity for me to continue to be part of the print community. 


1.detail of participants  works...

2.



the big print...2018

4 comments:

  1. love the photo of the big roller !

    ReplyDelete
  2. an alternative to a steam roller! printmakers are a peculiarly wonderful bunch, making stories out of metal and ink and air and paper...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The content of your blog is exactly what I needed, I like your blog,
    I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in traffic density,
    which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.
    Movie Online

    ReplyDelete